About The Lakewood Chapter
- Founded Jan 2016
- Committed to a Bicycle Friendly Community
- Became CWA chapter Jan 2017
The City of Lakewood Featured in the News
Cycling Without Age – Lakewood status as of September 17, 2018
- Lakewood Bicycle Advisory Team and volunteers operates 3 CWA trishaws in the City of Lakewood.
- Twenty-one volunteer pilots (and growing) have trained to become CWA pilots and piloted at least one ride.
- Our Numbers as of Sept 17, 2018
- Rides provided – 296
- Passengers – 398
- Mileage 4,270 km
- Trishaw #1 – 2,180 km (Lakewood Triobike)
- Trishaw #2 – 1,594 km (Eaton Christiania)
- Trishaw #3 – 496 km (Creekside Triobike)
Eaton Senior Communities
333 S Eaton Street, Lakewood CO
- Broke ground for senior residences in 1979
- Included Assisted Living for seniors in 1988
- Partnered with Lakewood Bicycle Advisory Team to bring first CWA trishaw to Lakewood Jan 2017
Come Join the fun and “feel the wind in your hair.”
The City of Lakewood
- Incorporated in 1969
- Features strong commitment to Parks, Open Space, and Recreational Opportunities
- Committed to being inclusive with opportunities for all citizens including seniors
- Partnered with Lakewood Bicycle Advisory Team and Eaton Senior Communities to Bring 2nd CWA trishaw to Lakewood
The Residences at Creekside (presented by Metro West Housing Solutions)
- Lakewood Housing Authority formed in 1974
- LHA rebranded as West Metro Housing Authority in 2008
- Currently owns and manages affordable 14 apartments communities.
- Residences at Creekside opened in 2007 and expanded in 2011 and features 210 affordable residences for seniors
- Partnered with Lakewood Bicycle Advisory Team to bring 3rd CWA trishaw to Lakewood in February 2018.